5867Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Multi-Project Development with Limited Resources

  • mike.dwyer1@comcast.net
    Jan 4, 2005
      Ron Jeffries wrote " Think! -- Aretha Franklin "
      Does that mean she was an admirer of Thomas Watson? or was he a fan of hers?

      --
      Mike Dwyer

      "I Keep six faithful serving-men
      Who serve me well and true:
      Their names are What and Where and When
      And How and Why and Who." - Kipling

      > On Monday, January 3, 2005, at 6:37:44 PM, Jiri Lundak wrote:
      >
      > > What, if you have more than one king? Or, if you have one king and in
      > > the background some shadow king, but both not talking with one voice?
      >
      > > It seams to me, that this is the time, where should be some fusion of
      > > both positions, maybe some kind of forced 'royal pact'?
      >
      > > How can someone like a Scrum Master foster a unification, without
      > > becoming the yard fool?
      >
      > I would do it by following the publication practices in the Petition
      > the King article: I'd publish what I was doing and make it clear
      > that I wasn't doing anything else.
      >
      > I would also try to make decisions poorly enough to foster
      > unification among the requirements givers. One has to be careful not
      > to appear the fool, but it's amazing what a really bad proposed
      > decision or two will do when you've got someone in the room who
      > won't make up their mind.
      >
      > I would also get them to at least make the budget clear: what
      > percentage of my effort should go to each king.
      >
      > And of course, whenever you have too many kings, there's always
      > assassination. :)
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > Think! -- Aretha Franklin