5865Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Multi-Project Development with Limited Resources

    Jan 3, 2005
      On Monday, January 3, 2005, at 6:37:44 PM, Jiri Lundak wrote:

      > What, if you have more than one king? Or, if you have one king and in
      > the background some shadow king, but both not talking with one voice?

      > It seams to me, that this is the time, where should be some fusion of
      > both positions, maybe some kind of forced 'royal pact'?

      > How can someone like a Scrum Master foster a unification, without
      > becoming the yard fool?

      I would do it by following the publication practices in the Petition
      the King article: I'd publish what I was doing and make it clear
      that I wasn't doing anything else.

      I would also try to make decisions poorly enough to foster
      unification among the requirements givers. One has to be careful not
      to appear the fool, but it's amazing what a really bad proposed
      decision or two will do when you've got someone in the room who
      won't make up their mind.

      I would also get them to at least make the budget clear: what
      percentage of my effort should go to each king.

      And of course, whenever you have too many kings, there's always
      assassination. :)

      Think! -- Aretha Franklin
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic