      From: <ruben@...>
      To: <scrumdevelopment@egroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 5:03 PM
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] New to SCRUM

      Hi all:

      I'm at the end of a "death march" software proyect for a client. Right
      at the end, i started looking for ways to minimize the pain of
      developing, and came across SCRUM yesterday.

      I pretty much gobbled the whole site (www.controlchaos.com) and at
      the end i'm quite shure that SCRUM is the way to get proyects on time
      and on budget. My background is programming and administration, but
      very little of proyect design and planning, so i feel that SCRUM fixes
      a lot of problems, but i also feel like feel i'm missing something.

      Should i go out there and become a savvy Project Design Manager so
      that i can use SCRUM to it's fullest?, or is the Backlog, Scrum
      Meetings, and Sprints everything a project manager needs to get
      working code on time?, What kind of material is there to implement
      SCRUM on my small company?

      I have zillions of questions buzzing around in my head, i hope I made
      sense

      Thanks in Advance
      Rubén Marrero