57944Re: [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] Re: More critical views on SAFe

  • Adam Sroka
    Aug 19, 2014

      On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 9:33 PM, julien@... [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] <SCRUMDEVELOPMENT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      All interesting views.

      "What problems are you trying to solve?" is the only question that matters for me.
      SAFe does seem to address one problem very well (hence, maybe, its popularity): "High level managers do not understand where Agile will lead them and what it means for them".

      They should not need to understand it. What happens is that we add transparency that uncovers all kinds of waste and dysfunction. Then they inevitably become involved. Plus, they have heard a lot of horror stories at this point.

      SAFe seems like a way to avoid some of the uncertainty of that. Embracing and harnessing that uncertainty is possibly a better path.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic