57921Re: [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] Stop Prefetching Stories

  • Michael James
    Jul 28, 2014

      On Jul 28, 2014, at 5:00 PM, Ron Jeffries ronjeffries@... [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] <SCRUMDEVELOPMENT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I despise "stretch goals" in almost every instance. In too many cases, they just amount to a way for the team to appear to fail despite doing just fine. Too hard to use well, they militate against clean code and comprehensive testing, and don't really accomplish anything particularly useful. All in my opinion of course.

      And mine, though I can't speak for every situation.

      All these things seem to spring from Sprints and batches that are too big.  Shorten the Sprint, reduce the work in progress, so the capacity estimates don't matter so much.

      --mj
      (Michael)
    • Show all 45 messages in this topic