57910Re: [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] Stop Prefetching Stories

  • Daniel Wildt
    Jul 25, 2014
      Yes! Minimize variation with small stories, automated tests and more customer feedback as possible.

      That's the rule In my current team. We also use a lot feature toggles to deliver fast and improve faster, in order to deliver features to production in a flow where we can control rollout of every big feature.

      -- Daniel Wildt (+55 51 99989030) @dwildt

      On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Adam Sroka adam.sroka@... [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] <SCRUMDEVELOPMENT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Right. As long as it is trending in the right direction you are in a good place. If you have a whole lot of technical debt you might want to work to optimize the rate at which you improve it so that you get to a state you are happy with in a reasonable amount of time, but if things are getting better you are doing at least practicing legacy refactoring as intended.

      BTW, I know I sound like a broken record, but the keys to optimizing it are small stories and fast automated tests.

      On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Ron Jeffries ronjeffries@... [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] <SCRUMDEVELOPMENT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Daniel,

      On Jul 25, 2014, at 12:55 PM, Daniel Wildt dwildt@... [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] <SCRUMDEVELOPMENT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      But, what if a team is starting with Agile and got already a lot of technical debt? You need to find ways to address delivery with refactoring opportunities.

      Same happens when architecture is evolving. We need to face refactoring and we need to adapt from time to time, as the software is scaling.

      Right?

      Right. The thing to do is to refactor where you’re working anyway, a little more than you otherwise might, so as to make steady progress in improving the areas where you’re working.

      Before you contradict an old man, my fair friend, you should endeavor to understand him. - George Santayana

    • Show all 45 messages in this topic