57906Re: [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] Stop Prefetching Stories

  • Adam Sroka
    Jul 25, 2014
      That's a little bit different, but not as much as you think. It is still incorrect to claim that you have "available time" at the end of the sprint if the code is not as clean (or as well tested) as it should be. You simply aren't done. Whether or not you deploy undone code is, unfortunately, a decision you can make. Most code in the wild is a bit half-baked in my experience.

      The team's responsibility is to make the code as clean as possible while delivering at the end of every sprint. If things aren't getting better that means they are probably getting worse, which means the team is not doing its job.

      While it is exceedingly common to abdicate this responsibility and allow the product owner to choose/prioritize quality, it is an antipattern and a recipe for mediocrity (at best.)

      On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 8:40 AM, Daniel Wildt dwildt@... [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] <SCRUMDEVELOPMENT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      That's based on legacy stuff. Not new stuff.

      -- Daniel Wildt (+55 51 99989030@dwildt

      On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Adam Sroka adam.sroka@... [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] <SCRUMDEVELOPMENT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Daniel Wildt dwildt@... [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] <SCRUMDEVELOPMENT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I believe we need to gather all technical debit and use this "available time" do work on that.

      Note that while we do accept technical debit there will be a hold of an additional 20%... :-D

      If you are creating technical debt then you don't have "available time". You said you were done when you weren't.

    • Show all 45 messages in this topic