57902Re: [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] Stop Prefetching Stories

  • Michael Wollin
    Jul 25, 2014
      True that, Ron. And they operate like Eloi hoping the Morlocks pick someone else to stack rank lower than them this review cycle. I bashed a few Morlocks and handed them the club. The rest is up to them.

      On Jul 25, 2014, at 6:57 AM, "Ron Jeffries ronjeffries@... [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT]" <SCRUMDEVELOPMENT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Michael,

      On Jul 24, 2014, at 4:13 PM, Michael Wollin yahoo@... [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] <SCRUMDEVELOPMENT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I am not requesting suggestions on splitting stories. I am coaching the Business Unit on that and they are making progress. What I’m requesting is more and compelling reasons that pre-fetching stories (because you are done with the sprint) is a bad idea (i.e. it throws off cadence, a sense of accomplishment, velocity measures, innovation). What else?

      If the team is quite good, it is harmless. If they are merely humanly good, they will almost certainly wind up valuing stories over housekeeping like testing and keeping the design fresh, and the result will be that they are writing more legacy code every day.