57823Re: TDD effectiveness

  • gec929
    May 28, 2014
      While I agree with Markus in general, it's important to understand the goal of TDD for your project...

      TDD is an evolutionary approach to development which combines test-first development where you write a test before you write just enough production code to fulfill that test and refactoring.  So what is the primary goal of TDD?  One view is the goal of TDD is specification and not validation.  In other words, it’s one way to think through your requirements or design before your write your functional code, implying that TDD is both an important agile requirements and agile design technique.  Another view is that TDD is a programming technique (it seems this is your goal), to write clean code that works.  I think that there is merit in both arguments, however, I think the goal may be different in different situations.  For example, brand new project on a brand new product vs. enhancing existing product/s or service/s.
    • Show all 42 messages in this topic