57726Re: [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] RE: Handling small change requests

    Feb 13, 2014
      Hi Matt,

      On Feb 12, 2014, at 11:52 AM, <mattellenburg@...> <mattellenburg@...> wrote:

      There isn't, and maybe I need to change the way I think of a sprint.  Currently, I've been calling it a period of time for development and internal QA that produces a deliverable product for UAT.  Therefore, any UAT delivery constitutes the end of a sprint.

      Perhaps the sprint should be extended to two weeks to allow for multiple UAT releases.  The end of a sprint would then produce a product that is either a release candidate or is failed.

      Am I on the right track here?

      A Sprint is a FIXED-LENGTH period of time. The reason for the time box is that it causes the team to learn how to hit a deadline with software that is ready to go.

      I’d strongly recommend using a fixed time box until you hit the deadline so often that you clearly don’t need it any more.

      Regards,
      Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion.  -- Muhammad Ali

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic