57714Should user story AC include validation of stated benefit?

  • peter_trudelle
    Feb 7, 2014

      What is your opinion on acceptance criteria for stories including some means of validating that the functionality achieves the stated benefit? For example, in the story "As a commenter, I want a larger textarea, so that I can see the entire comment at once before posting", should the AC include some validation of that benefit?  Some folks on my team want to limit the AC to things like "textarea is 20% larger", or "textarea is sizeable", saying that any validation of the actual benefit (e.g., AC: <commenter> can see as much of his comment as will fit on the screen) would make the story unsizeable due to subjective evaluation.

      thanks,

      Peter

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic