57609Re: [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] Feedback Requested -- SM Job Description

    Jan 3, 2014
      Tim ...

      On Jan 2, 2014, at 7:48 PM, Tim Wright <tim@...> wrote:

      IMHO, the scrum guide defines quite clearly what is scrum and what is not.

      It even goes so far to say:

      "Scrum is free and offered in this Guide. Scrum’s roles, artifacts, events, and rules are immutable
      and although implementing only parts of Scrum is possible, the result is not Scrum"

      Two thoughts on that:

      First, the Scrum Guide is essentially the work of one man (or two, if you count Jeff, who seems to actually do Scrum differently from what is in the Guide). It explains the ideas in a very few pages. As such, it is unlikely to express even the ideas of those two people perfectly.

      Second, the contents of the Scrum Guide have changed substantially over time. In particular, there was a time when there was no ScrumMaster role, and the artifacts have changed quite a bit.

      So ... I'm not so sure about "defines", "quite clearly", and "what is scrum and what is not". :)
      I don't necessarily agree with everything I say. -- Marshall McLuhan

    • Show all 48 messages in this topic