57584Re: [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] Numerous "standards" bodies

  • Mark Palmer
    Dec 17, 2013
      Looks like the download button is referencing the www alias which is kicking the 404...going http:// works until you can update .htaccess

      I just sent an email to your staff like Charles, so please disregard. :-)

      On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 7:21 PM, Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@...> wrote:

      I wasn't able to reproduce that on my Mac, but I was on my phone. What browser/device are you using? I'll make sure the team is aware of the issue.

      On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Charles Bradley - Professional Scrum Trainer and Coach <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      Adam,

      >http://leandog.com/dogtreats/

      When I try to download PDF, I get:

      404 Not Found

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      Professional Scrum Trainer
      Scrum Coach-in-Chief
      ScrumCrazy.com

      Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 5:34 PM

      Subject: Re: [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] Numerous "standards" bodies

      On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Charles Bradley - Professional Scrum Trainer and Coach <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      Well said, Adam.

      IIRC, you and I disagree on some other things, but we are in alignment on this (on the merits -- I'm not remotely suggesting that you are in agreement with my methods of communication or "disrespect").  I'll add some more to what you said.

      I haven't disagreed with anything you've said, but I've deliberately not engaged with the way you've been going about it ;-) Historically, I haven't always been the most measured in my responses, but I'm starting to soften with age :-D

      > (Adam) If SAFe were about saying, here are a bunch of things you might consider in a large organization when trying to do Scrum, then I'd be all for it. That's not the way I read it though. The way I read it it says, here is what Agile looks like in a large organization. That is nonsense. Real Agile looks different everywhere, because it is as much about the journey and the people who are walking it as it is about the awesomeness when you get far enough down that road.

      +1000, and if you're looking for something like what you describe, see Larman/Vodde's books, the article on Agile Atlas mentioned earlier, etc.  Larman's book calls them "experiments" and is very careful to not be prescriptive -- but to honor single team Scrum principles as described in the guide (or atlas, if you choose).  I have no financial incentive to promote Larman's work.  In fact, he works with the "other" Scrum training organization -- so I'm kind of recommending a competitor in a way.  :-)  I have also had good experiences implementing(really, training/coaching others to implement) his experiments/patterns/complimentary practices.

      Yes, that is an excellent recommendation. The problem is that the folks who are customers for SAFe are looking for something like SAFe because they want something prescriptive. The principled thing to do would be to tell them TANSTAAFL, but when you've got a boatload of money and you want something someone is going to give it to you.

      > we have a book full of practices
      1.  Where can I get said book?  Me likey the concept, so long as one uses the experiment (or pattern, or complimentary practice, or tool metaphor -- anything but -- one size fits all methodology metaphor).  I'm confident you do based on your statements.  I'm also guessing said "book" is proprietary for business purposes.  But, on the off chance it's not, please do tell!

      It's free, and available to everyone as a PDF and also an iOS app. We do recommend that if you find a particular topic worth further investigation you buy one of our friends' books that is recommended on that page. If you happen to find yourself in Cleveland you are also welcome to stop by the boat and ask us about them in person (Also free. We like making friends.)

      2.  I hope you also have a "book full of principles" too.  I'm sure you do.

      The Manifesto is in there, along with references to many other sources.

    • Show all 63 messages in this topic