      From: Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@...>
      To: "scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com" <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:07 PM
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] CALL TO ACTION!

      I guess part of the reason we differ is that I don't have a high opinion of any of the certification programs or certifiers. I do have some friends who are certification trainers, some of whom are brilliant and some of whom I secretly think should get a real job (if you're reading this go ahead and assume you're one of the brilliant ones ;-) However, I believe in doing and doers. If your job depends more on convincing someone they know something than actually getting them to do it then I'm not a big fan of your job.

      Given that I'm immediately suspicious of folks who make these sort of claims I am not proportionately more offended by these cats just because they aren't recognized by any particular so and sos that I know or interact with on this list. Their rubber stamp is no more bothersome to me than anyone else's.

      I am obviously in the minority, and given that I don't think it is worth my energy to worry about these guys. It might, however, be worth some of my energy to try to convince others it isn't worth theirs either. That's where I'm coming from.

      On Wednesday, November 6, 2013, Charles Bradley - Professional Scrum Trainer and Coach wrote:

      Adam,

      We definitely disagree on this topic.  In this particular case, it was not so much a case of unqualified -- it was more a case of fraudulent.  Was there malice?  Hard to say, but saying that they are "**the** Scrum and Agile certification body" was quite fraudulent, IMO.  Also, their mysterious several 5 star reviews where that "person" had only reviewed one thing ever (that product) was probably fraudulent -- malice -- I would think so.

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      Professional Scrum Trainer
      Scrum Coach-in-Chief