57403Re: [scrumdevelopment] CALL TO ACTION!

  • Alan Dayley
    Nov 5, 2013
      Jean,

      We did not go visit the address, no. I have driven through the business park once or twice.

      The address of SCRUMStudy.com is also in Phoenix but at a different location. I have not visited there either.

      VMEdu, Inc. is funded by Sequoia Capital, according to the Internet: https://www.google.com/search?q=vmedu+sequoia+capital They have cash to push into markets and incentive to create ROI. We'll probably see them around more often.

      Alan

      On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Jean Richardson <jean@...> wrote:

      Well, this mess is distressing.  It’s also surprising it hasn’t happened sooner.  340 pages is a lot of effort—even if you steal it and paste it together, which I’m not saying they did.  The good news about this situation is that if they are propounding poor practice they’re likely to develop a pattern of astounding failure as have others.

      Even more interesting is whether we’ll be treated to presentations from the authors at agile conferences and Scrum gatherings.  Now that would be interesting, don’t you think?

      And, do we know anyone who could ring these folks up and offer to do free collaborative case studies of their work so as to add to the general body of knowledge on useful and durable agile practice?  Surely they value transparency . . .   I see in the front matter of the Kindle sample that they accept comments and corrections.  Sometimes ignorance and malice can look a lot alike.

      Alan, did anyone actually go to their address and see if they “live” there?

      My concern with what I’m seeing is that they may be trying to go after the Agile PM market.  Lots of perplexed and willing listeners there, and this document looks a lot like the PMBOK in terms of language and structure.

      --- Jean