57400Re: [scrumdevelopment] RE: CALL TO ACTION!

  • Victor Hugo de Oliveira
    Nov 5, 2013
      Amazon would not take it out based on content, they would because there is a problem with copyright or (what seems to be this case) fake reviews trying to game the system and promote the book...

      On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM, <ken.schwaber@...> wrote:

      Thank you. everyone. I wondered if I was overreacting, until I saw that they were being taken seriously. One of the results of our collective response is that they are NOT being interviewed by InfoQ (previously scheduled).

      Thomas Jefferson - "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." Whew.

      Again,

      Thanks,

      Ken

      ---In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      Hard to know if it got banned.  Amazon has not given us any transparency as to why it is no longer purchasable.

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      Professional Scrum Trainer
      Scrum Coach-in-Chief
      ScrumCrazy.com

      From: Jesse Houwing <jesse.houwing@...>
      Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 20:08:19 +0100

      I have re-read the Kindle Sample carefully. And it's scary how many small interpretations and additions are mentioned. If put into the context of many Global Delivery Centers from India, I understand the need for described processes, vision statements and a more structured approach. I don't agree with it, and certainly not with the way it intermingles with the framework we're all trying to apply as good as possible, but it is understandable.

      Many of these Global Delivery Centers are CMMI lvl 5, iso xyz and any way conceivable certified. Continuous improvement in such a regulated environment needs documented processes to improve, I suppose.

      I hope they take the feedback seriously and update their material. I'm not against more people behind our agile movement, but books like these can give people the complete wrong idea of what is truly meant by agility.

      I hope the book remains unavailable for some time, before it comes back :)

      Product Details

      A Guide to the Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK Guide) by SCRUMstudy (Oct 9, 2013)

      • Pricing information not available.
      • (55)

      On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Charles Bradley - Professional Scrum Trainer and Coach <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      Nice MJ, lol.