57351Re: [scrumdevelopment] Agile Impressions by Gerald M. Weinberg

  • Markus Gärtner
    Oct 30, 2013
      I haven't read that far, halfway through right now.

      The best insight I had on the first three pages, when Jerry writes that they did something like agile back in 1957 before Project Mercury. When all those people came up with Waterfall, they found it stupid, and kept on telling their thing Software Development.

      Best Markus

      --
      Dipl.-Inform. Markus Gärtner
      Author of ATDD by Example - A Practical Guide to Acceptance

      On 30.10.2013, at 20:09, Marco Dorantes <marcodorantes@...> wrote:

      Thanks Markus.
      I am about to purchase it, but have not found a review yet. I wonder if he say something about the subject of “Architecture” (as of COBIT, TOGAF, Zachman, and the like) and possible relationships of agile practices with that. Or something related to that very high level view of organizational perspectives in relation with agile mindsets.
      Thank you very much for any comment.

      Marco
      "Many C++ design decisions have their roots in my dislike for forcing people to do things in some particular way" -Bjarne Stroustrup

      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: mgaertne@...
      Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 19:55:56 +0100
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Agile Impressions by Gerald M. Weinberg

      I'm reading it right now. What do you want to discuss?

      Best Markus

      --
      Dipl.-Inform. Markus Gärtner
      Author of ATDD by Example - A Practical Guide to Acceptance
      Test-Driven Development

      On 30.10.2013, at 19:42, <marcodorantes@...> wrote:

      I searched the text "Agile Impressions" in the group, but no conversations appeared in the results. It is the title of a book by Gerald M. Weinberg
      https://leanpub.com/jerrysblog
      Have you read it? Could we discuss a little bit about it or about the role of Jerry Weinberg’s works on *your* work?
      Best regards.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic