57341Re: [scrumdevelopment] When to Use and Not to Use Agile

  • Don Gray
    Oct 29, 2013
      Jean,

      Don:  Amusing.

      Generally extinction isn't amusing. It's the inevitable result of problem solutioning when the solutions don't fit the problem's context.

      For some reason many in the software development arena seem intent on re-proving predictive models don't work when attempting to solve adaptive problems. For some background read Liz Keogh's post on Cynefin for devs http://lizkeogh.com/2012/03/11/cynefin-for-devs/

      That might be a way to end the conversation, but I don’t think it’s my most effective opener.

      Absolutely and probably not. A better opening might be ...

      Based on what we've learned from agile, what is the next step-change that allows us to better deliver customer value?

      "Pendulum Swing Back and We Won’t Have to Use Agile Anymore.”  points to a regression to the mean and eventual extinction.

      Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity. - Lazarus Long (Robert Heinlein)

      I think it's time for me to put the keyboard down and back slowly away.

      Sincerely,

      Don Gray - Exploring Human Systems in Action
      (336)414-4645

      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion.
      You must set yourself on fire.
      Reggie Leach

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic