57220Why do the "values" matter?

  • Jean Richardson
    Sep 20, 2013

      All –

      I’ve had my head down in a challenging problem for several months.  Now that I’m “waking up” to the world again, I hope to be able to spend more time engaged in this list.

      I’m thinking of you all this morning because, as I exit this engagement, I’m writing up a couple of organizational impediments at the behest of the sponsor for these last six months of work to improve this Scrum adoption.  I’ve been socializing these impediments to ensure they retain traction in my absence, and one doesn’t seem to be getting the kind of traction I was hoping for.  Essentially, it’s about the lack of the Scrum Values being present on the Teams and in the division as a whole.  I’m getting the response “I just don’t understand what you’re talking about.”

      Do others here see the same confusion about why respect, commitment, courage, openness, and focus are important to an effective Scrum adoption?  Do I need to be talking about professionalism, instead?  I’m concerned that will gloss the issue, frankly.  Have any of you been able to tie this to real numbers (dollars) through external case studies?

      --- Jean

      gate.site.jpg

      Jean Richardson

      Azure Gate Consulting

      ~ Repatterning the Human Experience of Work

      AzureGate.net

      (503) 788-8998

      Jean@...

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic