57179Re: [scrumdevelopment] Spike stories - estimation and acceptance criteria ?

  • Michael James
    Aug 29, 2013
      Yes, agree with all this.  We also found that about half the tasks to actually accomplish a PBI would be discovered during Sprint Execution itself (as Ken's book predicted).

      On Aug 29, 2013, at 6:18 AM, Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@...> wrote:

      The way we did it was to list tasks in pencil on the back of the card in order to size the story. We never estimated the tasks and we didn't expect the pair that implemented the story to necessarily do it that way.

      I never liked tasking in ideal time as recommended by Mike Cohn. I have seen a lot of teams do it, and I worry that they get bogged down in the numbers rather than discussing the actual work. That said, having tasks linked to stories is a much better idea than "technical stories".

      On Aug 29, 2013 9:11 AM, "Michael James" <mj4scrum@...> wrote:

      On Aug 29, 2013, at 4:18 AM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > Technical tasks are historically part of Scrum

      Sprint tasks are/were created by the team during Sprint Planning to accomplish Product Backlog Items. We didn't refer to items in the Product Backlog as tasks.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic