57172Re: [scrumdevelopment] Concept of "work ahead" team

  • Prashant Pund
    Aug 28, 2013

      Hello Richard,
      We have seen the limitations of such a group ( I reserve the term Team). In our case, the group consisted of a few senior team members plus other stakeholders like Engg Manager.The estimates of the stories is based on understanding and in turn conversation within this group. The limitation is about transfer of this understanding to the Team. There are disagreements about the work involved and estimates. Also, this group, later on, becomes the one who " assigns" the job to the Team.
      If appropriate care is taken about collaboration between this group and the Team; these limitations can be overcome.
      The idea of rotating the members suggested by Srinivas in this discussion sounds good and we'll try it.
      Prashant Pund
      AgileSoft Methodologies
      www.agilesoft.in

      On Aug 27, 2013 8:17 PM, "srinivas chillara" <ceezone@...> wrote:

      > Hello Richard,
      > Quite right you are. A sub-team (of a chosen few) which regularly does this tends to form a unspoken (maybe even spoken) hierarchy which is best avoided.
      >
      > However, sometimes it is difficult to get everyone in on these "work ahead" sessions/meetings.
      > So we can rotate people in/out of this. A good ScrumMaster will facilitate this (possibly using some form of volunteering). In addition a good Scrum Master can keep an eye out for problems that may be originating from the "work ahead" team.
      >
      > Of course we can inspect and adapt, as always.
      >
      > cheers
      > Srinivas
      > http://ceezone.wordpress.com

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic