57148Re: [scrumdevelopment] Concept of "work ahead" team

  • Michael James
    Aug 27, 2013
      Yeah, manager-assigned roles don't strike me as consistent with the spirit of team self organization.  When you refer to the "chosen few" I'm curious who is doing that choosing.

      In theory the whole team should be allowed to reject or revise the tentative decisions of its subcommittee, but in practice I've seen a kind of momentum preventing this.

      I'd want the Product Owner involved too.

      --mj
      (Michael)

      On Aug 26, 2013, at 11:58 PM, "Richard Griffiths" <richard@...> wrote:

      Hi all, I’ve started to hear this more often – the “work ahead” team being a smaller group out of the team (BA, Architect, UX) who will groom the stories, relatively size them, have them ready for the team to do further work on.

      Shouldn’t the whole team be involved in these exercises, not the chosen few?

      --

      Richard

      Speed is n0 subsitute fnor accurancy

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic