57005Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum and/vs. Continuous integration and development

  • Kevin Johnston
    Jul 11, 2013
      Great answer Adam Sroka, continuous integration allows a team to find integration issues fast so should reduce the risk of building something which does not work and yes the notion of continuos delivery becomes feasible but this requires excellent teams employing tdd and the XP practices effectively in my opinion to allow that level of confidence in delivery of a feature. When you have many features to deliver in a backlog a time box/sprint allows others outside of a team that is being agile to plan for introduction of those features.

      Kevin

      On 11 Jul 2013, at 21:13, George Dinwiddie <lists@...> wrote:

      Pito,

      On 7/11/13 1:23 PM, Pito Salas wrote:

      > I was talking to someone today who was making the argument that
      > continuous integration and development were 'alternatives' to agile and
      > scrum. I would have thought that they are complementary, that you can
      > run your development and project with agile or scrum or a variant and
      > elect to embrace continuous integration and deployment.
      >
      > Are there any good references or articles that someone can point to
      > which address this question?

      Checking https://www.google.com/search?q=scrum+"continuous+integration"
      shows that a lot of people are using continuous integration as part of
      their Scrum practice.

      - George

      --
      Want to speak at AgileDC October 8, 2013? http://agiledc.org/speak/