56994Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How to conduct Agile Performance Reviews?

  • George Dinwiddie
    Jul 10, 2013
      Pooja,

      On 7/10/13 6:37 AM, poojawandile wrote:

      > Though individual reviews are discouraged, we have found that under
      > team awards some individuals who were not at par with their peers in
      > terms of performance, also gets rewarded. In spite of multiple
      > attempts by SM, some individuals just don't raise up to the occasion
      > or not ready to walk that extra mile.Getting rid of such individuals
      > is a natural option but is not always possible.

      If you've got an organizational constraint on adjusting the team
      composition, I'm sure you've also other constraints. An open-ended
      question about how to deal with a situation is too difficult to answer
      without knowledge about those constraints.

      Does your organization insist that all team members get rewarded at the
      same level, or could the team decide how to apportion some part of the
      reward?

      Is it possible to change the organizational constraints? Martin Fowler's
      advice comes to mind: "Either change your organization or change your
      organization."

      - George

      --
      Want to speak at AgileDC October 8, 2013? http://agiledc.org/speak/