      From: Cass Dalton <cassdalton73@...>
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 6:53 AM
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] New and Improved User Story Lifeycle Diagram — Free Creative Commons PDF download!

      I agree with the idea that the use of the word death seems a little morbid.  And the stories themselves don't really die, the transform from their caterpillar stage as development work to their butterfly stage as useful features.  It feels like they are as dead as the caterpillar.

      I don't agree about the user of the term legacy.  Different context and definition. Or you could say that it is the same definition, just different time scale.  They are 1 week old legacy code vs 5, 10, or 20 year old legacy code.  But maybe the metamorphosis analogy instead of the death analogy would address Ron's resistance towards the term legacy as well.

      On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
      Hi Charles,

      On Jun 23, 2013, at 11:19 PM, Charles Bradley - Professional Scrum Trainer and Coach <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      I'd appreciate any feedback you might have.  (Also, some good User Story links at bottom of blog post)

      Why is the last part called Death and Legacy, while talking about acceptance tests, which keep you alive and non-legacy? Seems odd ...