      From: Aeden Jameson
      Sent: ‎17-‎6-‎2013 18:42
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] User stories and relative complexity

      While I'm sure you'll eventually find what you want to. Here's something you may have not been looking for.

      http://www.industriallogic.com/blog/stop-using-story-points/

      On Wednesday, June 12, 2013, Jesse Houwing wrote:

      I'm looking for a good book or article which explains the process of estaimating (and re-estimating) user stories using relative estimation/story points.

      Especially around backlog ordering, dependencies between stories and whether to take the benefits of re-use into account in this context.

      The stakeholder argues that in classic estimation he had much more insights into dependencies between stories and could thus plan his releases much better. He'd like the backlog fulle re-estimated each time the order changes or a dependent story changes.

      Instead of talking to the hand, I'd like some good whitepapers or practices that clearly explain the differences between the approaches one might take to relative estimation ans writing of story points.

      I've got a pretty good idea on how I'd like to do it, but I can't find the handholds to get this guy on board. He asked for readign material, so at least I have that :).

      Jesse

      --
      Cheers,
      Aeden