56872Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum works on a team with multiple projects?

  • Cass Dalton
    Apr 26, 2013
      It was definitely a bit harsh, and also a bit extremist.  But the underlying sentiment is true.  It will be very difficult to gain benefits of agile that are normally presented in bullet points in an executive summary if your teams are multi-tasking between heterogeneous projects.  One of the values of agile is a focused team.  The team is completely focused and united towards a common goal.  If the goals of a "team" or even an individual are divergent in any way, it will detract from the normal agile performance gains.  Ignoring this means you're using Scrum as a process for the value of the process itself, and not as a process that facilitates cooperation and interaction.

      On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM, woynam <woyna@...> wrote:

      That's a bit harsh. To me, a project is a very large epic. It should be as big as it needs to be, but no bigger. It comprises the smallest number of features/stories that must be built and deployed together to achieve a business objective.

      Now, there are certainly times where specific features/stories can be considered nice to have, so one must always try to ensure that the project represents only necessary features.

      Mark

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <steve@...> wrote:

      > Scrum is not about projects - it is about products!!
      >
      > You and your managers obsession with seeing everything as projects will stop you ever becoming Agile and you will probably never be able to implement properly!
      >
      > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Leonardo Nunes <leonardobn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Does Scrum works on a team with multiple projects?
      > >
      > > On a 1 team with 1 project we have perfect scenario.
      > >
      > > But in my organization we have 31 development teams. Each team has 20 to 50
      > > projects at same time.
      > >
      > > This happens because each team has a big system to take care, and this big
      > > system has a set of sub-systems. A project is created to make evolutions or
      > > correct erros in each sub-system and i can not make, until now, a project
      > > to make a evolution on a several sub-systems in the same time, this is a
      > > goverment limitation.
      > >
      > > So my question is - Scrum works in this scenario? How can i deal with
      > > several projects on a team? With a team who has 15 projects, i cant do 15
      > > sprint plannings... this is a crazy!
      > >
      > > Please, help me here guys.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Leo