56868Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum works on a team with multiple projects?

  • Alan Dayley
    Apr 25, 2013
      Yes, I agree with your statements, Steve. I don't think the emphatic phrasing is helpful, in this case. Leonardo is probably not in a position to change management thinking from projects to products any time soon.

      Leonardo: Take the advice here, educate your team and your management, as much as possible. Work with your team to do the best you can. And keep improving.

      For example, maybe the best improvement you can do right now is to make sure the team and stakeholders are clear on the order of stories in each Sprint Backlog. In other words, insist that the organization choose between the different features of the different products and put them in order for the team. If you can get that going well, you are getting better.

      Or pick some other focused place that you can make just a bit better. And as you and the team get better, you will get credibility and implicit authority to change bigger things.

      Alan

      On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Steve <steve@...> wrote:

      Scrum is not about projects - it is about products!!

      You and your managers obsession with seeing everything as projects will stop you ever becoming Agile and you will probably never be able to implement properly!

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Leonardo Nunes <leonardobn@...> wrote:

      > Does Scrum works on a team with multiple projects?
      >
      > On a 1 team with 1 project we have perfect scenario.
      >
      > But in my organization we have 31 development teams. Each team has 20 to 50
      > projects at same time.
      >
      > This happens because each team has a big system to take care, and this big
      > system has a set of sub-systems. A project is created to make evolutions or
      > correct erros in each sub-system and i can not make, until now, a project
      > to make a evolution on a several sub-systems in the same time, this is a
      > goverment limitation.
      >
      > So my question is - Scrum works in this scenario? How can i deal with
      > several projects on a team? With a team who has 15 projects, i cant do 15
      > sprint plannings... this is a crazy!
      >
      > Please, help me here guys.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Leo