56828Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum works on a team with multiple projects?

  • Mark Levison
    Apr 18, 2013

      Learndo - you say 20-50 projects per team.

      What is a project?

      How many code bases involved?

      Why are these projects so small?

      Before any of us tell you what you can and can't do first we have to understand the problem.

      Cheers

      Mark

      --
      Mark Levison
      Sent with Airmail

      On 18 April, 2013 at 3:39:41 AM, gopinath (gopinath_ram@...) wrote:

      Seems like they are maintenance/sustenance project which do some minor enhancements and bug fixing.
      Am I getting it right ?
      If so, Kanban may be a better fit than Scrum in such situations.

      Gopinath

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Leonardo Nunes <leonardobn@...> wrote:

      > Does Scrum works on a team with multiple projects?
      >
      > On a 1 team with 1 project we have perfect scenario.
      >
      > But in my organization we have 31 development teams. Each team has 20 to 50
      > projects at same time.
      >
      > This happens because each team has a big system to take care, and this big
      > system has a set of sub-systems. A project is created to make evolutions or
      > correct erros in each sub-system and i can not make, until now, a project
      > to make a evolution on a several sub-systems in the same time, this is a
      > goverment limitation.
      >
      > So my question is - Scrum works in this scenario? How can i deal with
      > several projects on a team? With a team who has 15 projects, i cant do 15
      > sprint plannings... this is a crazy!
      >
      > Please, help me here guys.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Leo