56688Sprint Goal and user stories

  • Gercel Silva
    Mar 12, 2013
      Hi!

      Maybe you could help me understand something about how to use the sprint goal when the backlog is described with user stories. The Scrum Guide says:

       "The Sprint Goal gives the Development Team some flexibility regarding the functionality implemented within the Sprint."

      I understand that the goal is crafted after the dev team has selected the functionality they forecast to deliver by the end of the sprint. I also understand that the team may negotiate with the PO the scope of the sprint backlog as they learn more about the product.

      Having said that, I have 3 questions:

      1) How often stories are added/removed from the sprint in the teams you work with?

      2) Should every story be linked to the sprint goal?

      3) How would you relate the sprint goal with the delivery of stories according to the definition of done?

      Regards
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic