56666Re: [scrumdevelopment] release planning

  • George Dinwiddie
    Mar 4, 2013
      Richard,

      On 3/4/13 4:38 PM, Richard Griffiths wrote:

      > Oh dear
      >
      > Overheard this week – we’d like you to put together a release plan for
      > project x. No problem says I, going on about how we can size at the epic
      > level, the cone of uncertainty, and how it will change. I’ll get the
      > team on it. Ah, we want you, the BA and architect to size it as it will
      > be quicker. Blank look follows.
      >
      > I am still both annoyed and confused and the merlot ain’t helping.

      In such situations, I don't know anything better to do than to fall back
      on traditional estimation methods: take your best guess, triple the
      number, and increment the unit of measurement. E.g., if it looks like 6
      weeks work at first glance, tell them 18 months. It's surprising how
      accurate that is. :-)

      - George