56649Re: [scrumdevelopment] Questions about shifting from traditional project management to SCRUM

  • Kevin Callahan
    Feb 27, 2013
      Jean,

      +1 for chainsaws; love my Husqvarna :)

      Seriously though, I take "power tools" to equate to "tools and processes". Power tools are great, when they're appropriate and in the hands of competent operators. They quickly become incredibly dangerous and a threat to work well-done lacking this expertise.

      If agile and its methodologies are tools, the world of software development is littered with projects and organizations in the latter camp…

      -k

      On Feb 27, 2013, at 12:05 PM, Jean Richardson wrote:

      “Use your power tools properly” puts me in mind of chainsaws and Shop Smiths.  Could you enlighten me about these “power tools,” Mahmood?

      Kevin Callahan
      Scrum Master & Agile Coach
      LiveWorld Inc.

      Mobile+1 (207) 691-2997