56594Re: calculate velocity

  • wwake2
    Feb 14, 2013
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Markus Gaertner wrote:

      > I probably only speak from my own experiences there, but I have seen
      > most teams being perfectly comfortable with seeing the progress they
      > make on their taskboard.

      +1 for taskboards over sprint burndowns

      When I'm halfway through a sprint, I'd like to see say 40%+ of stories in the "done" column. That gives me a better indication of progress than seeing that we've burned down half the work we expect to do.

      I've found the taskboard leads the team to focus more on stories ("what *we're* trying to do") and less on tasks ("what *I'm* trying to do").

      --
      Bill Wake @wwake http://xp123.com
      Industrial Logic, Inc. - Coaching, Training, Assessment, eLearning - http://industriallogic.com