56562Re: [scrumdevelopment] Need some help to buy right book for CSM certification

  • Michael Vizdos
    Jan 24, 2013

      And.

      When you decide to take the CSM class or workshop look around at the options.

      Email or speak with the people doing the teaching over the two days (ask to speak with the person not the sales people) and read about them out on the Internet. There are many styles out there and I love it when people ask questions ahead of time and after the various workshops I facilitate.

      You are on your journey already. Go in with an open beginners mindset and you may be surprised!

      Mike Vizdos

      On Jan 24, 2013 12:36 PM, "Adam Sroka" <adam.sroka@...> wrote:

      I think that Ron's advice is very good, and I would go a step further and say that you will find the test process easier if you don't try to learn too much about Agile before taking the class. A lot of our literature and discussions contain diverging styles and opinions that may confuse you at first. And, to the experienced guys taking that multiple choice test is like taking the one at the DMV, none of these are what I would actually do in this situation but which is it you expect me to choose?

      On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      Bobby,

      On Jan 18, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Bobby Testing <bobby.testing@...> wrote:

      I am working in the agile ( scrum) for about 2 years now. I have pretty much confortable with it but not sure how much i have to be prepared for CSM certification. I am looking in terms of certification .

      You must take the class, and pass the test. If you take the class, passing the test should be quite easy.

      That is all it takes to get the CSM. To get good at Scrum requires practice and study. But all it takes to get CSM is the class and the test.
      Don't ignore your dreams; don't work too much; say what you think; cultivate friendships; be happy. -- Paul Graham

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic