56523Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How well understood should a PBI or User Story be at various points in its lifecycle?

  • Kurt Häusler
    Jan 9, 2013
      Good points.

      Rest assured this is not just my attempt to change the way the
      perfectly happy team works just because I think it is better. There
      were some issues raised and this is an attempt at me helping to come
      up with some ideas. Of course the team might still be comfortable with
      a way of working that may indirectly cause some of these issues, so it
      is still up to them whether they think the effort required to change
      the way of working justifies the improvements in outcome. I won't
      force anything :)

      On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM, frede_swe <fredrik.vestin@...> wrote:

      > Kurt,
      >
      > Slightly a bit off-topic but still applies I think. If I understand you correctly both the PO and the dev. team are happy with the current process which is more written than verbal communication. To convince the team to start communicating more I think you need to point to the possible negative effects that their current process has. What problems are visible with the current process and what improvements are possible if you change your process? Does it take too much time writing specs etc, is the PO not available to answer questions, are stories implemented incorrectly due to badly written user stories/acceptance criterias etc. Ask the team. If your team cannot see a possible improvement they are not likely to embrace a new way of working. You may suggest that they can try another way of working for some sprints and then move back if they feel it is not working.
    • Show all 60 messages in this topic