56468Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum in non-co-located, non-overlapping teams? (was: Meeting minutes for stand up meetings

  • Mark Levison
    Jan 3, 2013
      On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:46 PM, scott <sepreece@...> wrote:

      I completely agree that you take a hit by not all being in one place!

      My point about the standup meeting is that to me it's the least important of the Scrum elements - it's specifically constrained in format to a level of sharing that doesn't really require synchronicity (though that's still the best way to go!). If everybody is sharing that information daily with the rest of the team you're still getting most of the benefit of the meeting.

      Conversely after the retrospective I would argue its the 2nd most important meeting in Scrum.

      Basically I tell teams if you can't talk daily then its not going to go well. Remember the purpose of the meeting is to coordinate and synchronize for the rest of the day. Sharing of information is how we do that.

      Cheers
      Mark Levison
      Agile Pain Relief Consulting | Writing
      Proud Sponsor of Agile Tour Gatineau Ottawa Nov 28, Toronto 26 and Montreal 24
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic