56454Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum in non-co-located, non-overlapping teams? (was: Meeting minutes for stand up meetings

  • Mark Levison
    Jan 2, 2013
      Well they can mimic Scrum but what they do isn't Scrum and they will wonder why they don't get the benefits. The best thing (in this bad situation) would be to create complete independant teams in each location.

      Cheers
      Mark

      On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM, scott <sepreece@...> wrote:

      Well, the meeting isn't the important thing, the sharing of status and commitment is. So, if people are comfortable with using a twiki or other means to service those goals, I think you could do Scrum even without synchronous meetings.

      I also tend to think that the key Scrum things are the planning/prioritization/demonstration paradigm, rather than the daily meetings. A long time ago, in confirmation class, I was taught "A sacrament is an outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual grace." Just so, the standup is a visible sign but the transfer of knowledge is the inward good that matters more.

      scott

      --
      Cheers
      Mark Levison