      From: RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...>
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:04 PM
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] How to increase velocity

      Cass,

      On Nov 28, 2012, at 8:46 AM, Cass Dalton <cassdalton73@...> wrote:

      Trying to increase the velocity means that you've fallen into the illusion of control mind trap.  You can't change velocity.  It is inherent in the team and their ability to work the stories.  As long as the team is estimating stories honestly and consistently and the team makeup does not change, the true team velocity will be effectively a constant.

      What if they learn something new? What if someone has a creative idea?

      Ron Jeffries
      I have two cats, and a big house full of cat stuff.
      The cats fight and divide up the house, messing up their own lives.
      Nice work cats.
      Meow.

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic