56294Re: [scrumdevelopment] How to increase velocity
- Nov 28, 2012
What will most likely work:
- Remove other functionality from the sprint and focus on what is really important
- Dress down the requested functionality to it's bare minimum to deliver the value, without the need for more functionality
- Find a different solution for the problem.
What most likely won't work in this short time span (but might have worked if you've seen this coming weeks ahead) :
- Enlarge the existing team (probably won't work since the velicity will fall considerably by changign a team)
- Line up an extra/new team (probably won't work, since the organisational changes will seriously impact your velocity before you start to benefit)
- Overtime (Should not really be considered, as quality always suffers and you will probably not deliver the new features satisfactory anyway)
On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:38 AM, brian_bofu <brian_bofu@...> wrote:
Your boss wants your team to deliver certain functionality by a certain date (deadline), but your velocity is unable to achieve that. What options/suggestions do you have for your management who really want this to get done? More people? Overtime? What else to increase the velocity?
To Post a message, send it to: scrumdevelopment@...
To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: scrumdevelopment-unsubscribe@...! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>