56235Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Well done waterfall+agile

  • George Dinwiddie
    Nov 16, 2012
      Jerzy,

      On 11/16/12 10:51 AM, jerzyklek wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I am quite new to this and and have been lurking for some time.
      > I have one question to this comment since I am in a bit similar
      > situation: we have a huge backlog of things which all
      > are wanted by some customers, prioritized by the customer importance,
      > and usually we can go through quite a few sprint before something new
      > gets into the backlog on top of it, having a higher priority.
      >
      > I also understand that Agile emerged in places where the customer did
      > not know what he/she wanted,

      I suggest that your understanding is not quite correct. Perhaps
      sometimes, but that's not the general case. More commonly, the customer
      DID know what they wanted, but were able to take advantage of things
      learned during development to achieve something better or sooner.