56234Re: Well done waterfall+agile

  • jerzyklek
    Nov 16, 2012
      Hi,

      I am quite new to this and and have been lurking for some time.
      I have one question to this comment since I am in a bit similar
      situation: we have a huge backlog of things which all
      are wanted by some customers, prioritized by the customer importance,
      and usually we can go through quite a few sprint before something new gets into the backlog on top of it, having a higher priority.

      I also understand that Agile emerged in places where the customer did not know what he/she wanted, and main impact of "learn and adapt" principle on project success was by enabling the result of one iteration/sprint to influence the remaining product backlog.

      We don't have much of that, but sprint reviews allow us adapt our ways of working on a team level: how we plan, estimate, test... what we document and so on... I think it's another aspect of "agility":
      we do not adapt the backlog, but adapt our ways of working.
      Not "fully agile" then, but still a bit.

      I am pretty sure that out POs could use the reviews more to our benefit, but anyway...

      //Jerzy