      From: Ashish Mahajan <agileashish@...>
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, 9 November 2012, 5:21
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Well done waterfall+agile

      Agreed.
      If you are good at swimming in water(fall),fine.
      If you are good at cycling(scrum cycles), fine.
      But trying cycling in water may be fatal.

      Regards
      Ashish
      Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

      From: Eric Tiongson <tiongks@...>
      Sender: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 13:12:37 +0800
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com<scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com<scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com>

      Agree with what Michael said, you'll just find yourself in a heap of trouble if you do that.

      However you can still use agile practices (not processes) within a waterfall processes.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 9, 2012, at 12:52 PM, Michael Vizdos <mvizdos@...> wrote:

      No.
      Don't do this.
      If you want to do waterfall. Just do that.
      Good luck.
      Don't fake it.
      Mike Vizdos
      On Nov 8, 2012 6:08 PM, "marcodorantes" <marcodorantes@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      I am looking for articles or papers that talk about the details of how to successfully execute a development project with a waterfall façade to the upper-management layer and an agile approach for the development team. All is new in the project: the team, the users, the application, the technology. Note that with «waterfall» I mean strict sequential stages of requirements, analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment to production, and three months of maintenance; along with a fixed-price/fixed-scope contract, and a single Gantt chart as part of the signed contract. This Gantt chart will work as the criteria for payments at the end of each stage against stated deliverables in the contract.

      I have heard, from time to time, that some teams have done precisely that and very well done. Yet, I have not checked the evidence to believe it.

      Could you point to those articles or papers, or experiences?

      Thank you very much in advance.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic