56196Re: [scrumdevelopment] limited interaction between developers

    Nov 3, 2012
      Nilanjan,

      Yes, this is fairly common with new Scrum teams. There are a million reasons why this happens, but it's not a very good practice in general.  I call it "swim-lane" Scrum or "silo" Scrum.

      > I think the reason is that we are attempting multiple, unrelated stories/epics.  We should probably complete one epic at a time.

      I think you meant "theme" here, as your team should not be working on epics.  Yes, working on related stories generally encourages/forces more collaboration, but not always.  It also usually helps the team be more focused and productive.  Silo-ing is mostly an org culture problem, and you essentially need to do everything in your influence to instead encourage teamwork.  Encouraging collaboration and teamwork is a very broad topic, so there are a million ways to attempt to solve that.

      Does the team have a code review practice?

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      http://www.ScrumCrazy.com