56121Re: [scrumdevelopment] Is Scrum Master a Managerial Role?

  • Michael Mallete
    Oct 25 12:03 AM
      to add, (and actually, the original context of this thing, sorry to miss that), educating people specially those who've been in a traditional context for a long time. we tend to use familiar words to make it easier for them to understand. unfortunately,  the mapping for the sm and managerial role is bad.

      another is that it's a way to put some teeth on the role. which i believe just hide problems, e.g., Scrum Master lacks skill in influencing the organization, leadership, or the organization doesn't really know what they are getting into when they wanted to adopt scrum, etc.

      salamat,
      mike mallete

      On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Bachan Anand <bachans@...> wrote:

      If I am manager , HR would expect me to be responsible for behavior and performance of the people I am managing  , if I am not HR knows not to talk to me about it and they would need to find someone else or talk to the person itself.

      On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@...> wrote:

      I think it is a distinction without a purpose in the context of Scrum. The test to me is: what would I do differently if HR thinks they're a manager or not? The answer is nothing.

      On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:28 AM, Michael Mallete <mrmallete@...> wrote:

      a very interesting topic that started in another thread in linkedin scrum practitioners group:

      which i diverted to it's own thread:

      i say no. it makes it harder to grasp the concept of the role. rather, call it a coaching role.

      what's your take?

      salamat,
      mike mallete

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic