56118Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Is Scrum Master a Managerial Role?

  • Mark Levison
    Oct 24, 2012
      On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Joshua Partogi <joshua.java@...> wrote:

      Hi Ron,

      I think most people to date think that a manager is someone who has people to manage. Very shallow definition of the word manager IMHO. Scrum changes the rule of the game.

      Perhaps, but we do have to bear in mind that we are mostly talking to people who use the old language for the word Manager.

      Cheers
      Mark

      On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:40 PM, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      Joshua,

      On Oct 24, 2012, at 11:08 AM, Joshua Partogi <joshua.java@...> wrote:

      Everyone in Scrum Team is a manager.

      Do you not see that when you go to someone whose job title includes the word "manager", they absolutely do not think that "everyone is a manager"?

      Sometimes I give myself admirable advice, but I am incapable of taking it.
      -- Mary Wortley Montagu

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic