56112Re: [scrumdevelopment] Is Scrum Master a Managerial Role?

  • Alan Dayley
    Oct 24, 2012
      Manager, management and managerial are words with lots of history, baggage, if you will, of the wrong kind for Agile thinking.  If I were to train and coach people that the ScrumMaster is a manager, I would have to be willing to fight all that baggage. I would expect many new ScrumMasters to start acting like a typical manager and many team members to start acting like the typical managed worker, both not good.

      For this reason alone it is dangerous to apply the label of manager to the ScrumMaster role.

      Alan

      On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:28 AM, Michael Mallete <mrmallete@...> wrote:

      a very interesting topic that started in another thread in linkedin scrum practitioners group:

      which i diverted to it's own thread:

      i say no. it makes it harder to grasp the concept of the role. rather, call it a coaching role.

      what's your take?

      salamat,
      mike mallete

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic