      From: curiouschimp <bhy@...>
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:48 PM
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Re: JIRA - tools question

      Yeah, I have been lurking, I mostly see productive, if sometimes high-handed, threads - but I didn't quite expect that sort of response. Again, there are clearly some process issues on our side, and perhaps I should have been more clear about them.

      I am new to the team and am getting my head around how it works - it is an agile process, but still a WIP.

      There are definitely process questions I have, which I want to raise - but right now I'm still getting my bearings.

      bernie

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Charles Bradley - Scrum Coach CSP CSM PSM I <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      > Ron,
      >
      > I don't know.  I think maybe it has been implied.
      >
      > Adam wrote:
      >
      > > 2) If you know exactly what you are going to build and when you are
      > going to have it built why are you literally
      > > wasting your time with
      > Scrum? You'd have more time to do what you intend to do anyway if you
      > weren't making
      > > your people go to pointless planning meetings. They are,
      > in fact, pointless, unless there is some possibility that
      > > you will learn
      >  something and change the plan.
      >

      > I know what Adam is trying to get at, but it does seem we're being pretty hostile to a newcomer.  That is not new for this list, but I'm afraid we might have gone over the "hostility line" here -- but not by much.
      >
      > CuriousChimp,
      > My guess is that you have said several things on this list that imply that you are not doing something that is close to Scrum, and that's why you're getting a lot of resistance.  Whether you are doing Scrum correctly or incorrectly is probably still up for discussion, as you haven't provided much evidence that you are doing Scrum.  Further, what evidence you have provided has been in non-Scrum terms.  (What is a producer?  What is a lead game designer?  What is a business owner?  What is a 'resource'?  None of these are Scrum terms.)  Maybe if you told us some more about your Scrum implementation, we might be able to help more.
      >
      > Earlier in this thread, you asked...
      > > ...why is it that if I ask for a data tracking plugin to interpret the
      > same data provided in the burndown in a simple fashion, people have to
      > tell me they 'smell' another problem?...
      >
      > Because we don't believe in giving addicts more drugs without a thorough examination first.  I'm not saying you are a "command and control" addict.  I'm just saying that you seem to be asking for more drugs without letting us know that you're currently on the path to recovery.  I suspect you'll get more support and more advice if you can tell us that you are on a good Scrum path.
      >
      > I should also mention, curiouschimp, that you have been on this list for quite some time, so you should have a pretty good idea what to expect when you post.
      >

      > -------
      > Charles Bradley
      > http://www.ScrumCrazy.com

      <*> Your email settings: