55887Re: Does anyone have experience in adopting Scrum in Software Maintenance?

  • Steve
    Oct 1, 2012
      Hi again

      I need to clarify something with you before I can answer your questions properly.

      Are the backlogs for the same project/system/product or are they for different ones?

      In my example, the product being developed in the 3 week sprints is different from the products being maintained in the 1 week maniternance sprints.

      If the 'maintenance' requests are for a project/system/product that is being developed (ie after the first release), then the requests get added to the Product Backlog and are ordered in the normal way. I am assuming that this is your situation given that you refer to 'prioritising both backlogs simultaneously'; is my assumption correct?

      If I am correct, then stop thinking of the 'change requests' as 'maintenance', they are just new requirements.

      BTW, Scrum no longer speaks about 'prioritisation', the OK worf now is 'ordering'.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "lixiaozhou" <lixiaozhou@...> wrote:

      > And concerning what you've brought up, that's the thing i'm interested in. And what i would also like to know is that how a PO prioritize the sprint backlog and maintenance backlog simultaneously.Are there any models to follow or universal guidelines? And what are the factors that might influence the priority of maintenance stories compared to original user stories? That would be the spot i could write something about. And do you by any chance know some projects that I might use as a case?
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic