55878Re: [scrumdevelopment] Does anyone have experience in adopting Scrum in Software Maintenance?

  • Ali moghadam
    Sep 28, 2012
      Hi
      As mentioned in the Scrum Guide, scrum is a suitable for complex adaptive problems. So I don't suggest scrum for a team who is dedicated to maintenance, as usually they need more discipline.  Kanban may be a better tool.
      -alix

      Sent from my iPad

      On Sep 28, 2012, at 6:04 AM, "lixiaozhou" <lixiaozhou725@...> wrote:

      Greetings

      My name is Xiaozhou Li, a student in University of Tampere in Finland. And i'm a total rookie in scrum development area. Recently, i've been working on my master thesis concerning adopting Scrum in software maintenance and relevant issues. And so far i have some general questions including:

      How do you feel about using scrum in software maintenance compared with traditional software maintenance process (personally)?

      In which way do you think it's more efficient and profitable (if you indeed think it's efficient and profitable)?

      Are there any drawbacks that bothering you if any?

      What are the best practices you think would be concerning scrum in software maintenance?

      I would bring up more specific questions about it later on as i'm a bit stuck so far. Thanks a lot for your kind responses including all constructive advices and criticism. THANKS. MERCI. GRACIAS. KIITOS ...

      ps. feel free to contact me with any sort of ideas
      email: lixiaozhou725@...

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic