55874Re: Does anyone have experience in adopting Scrum in Software Maintenance?

  • lixiaozhou
    Sep 30, 2012
      Hi, Oleg

      I think i mean the later of your explanations, that is, all kinds of development after the first release, including new features added in, bug fixing, refactoring, new platform adapting, etc. And what i was wondering is how to prioritize various stories to maximize the benefits for all stakeholders and whether this is based on only experience or there are some models to follow.

      Thanks a lot. if any ideas come up, plz let me know.

      Best wishes
      Xiaozhou Li

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "strazhce" <infobox.oleg@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > What is maintainance for you? Is it just fixing bugs or implementing new small changes/features? Or doing all kind of development after the first release?
      >
      > Oleg
      >
      > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "lixiaozhou" <lixiaozhou725@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Greetings
      > >
      > > My name is Xiaozhou Li, a student in University of Tampere in Finland. And i'm a total rookie in scrum development area. Recently, i've been working on my master thesis concerning adopting Scrum in software maintenance and relevant issues. And so far i have some general questions including:
      > >
      > > How do you feel about using scrum in software maintenance compared with traditional software maintenance process (personally)?
      > >
      > > In which way do you think it's more efficient and profitable (if you indeed think it's efficient and profitable)?
      > >
      > > Are there any drawbacks that bothering you if any?
      > >
      > > What are the best practices you think would be concerning scrum in software maintenance?

      > > I would bring up more specific questions about it later on as i'm a bit stuck so far. Thanks a lot for your kind responses including all constructive advices and criticism. THANKS. MERCI. GRACIAS. KIITOS ...
      > >
      > > ps. feel free to contact me with any sort of ideas
      > > email: lixiaozhou725@

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic